Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, December 7, 2015

What color is he?

Don't get me wrong, I think the holidays should be celebrated for what they represent.  I also have a child who was excited about "Santa."  She knew the meaning of the holiday, but was also a child in a world where all this effort is made to sell things.  This morning on the "View," Woopie had a sweater on with a Black Santa.  I was so thrilled!  I can't imaging what it would be like for any child of color to be seeing only a "white" Santa.  What kind of message is that?!?  If we are going to push "Santa,"  we should at least allow our children to see someone who represents them.  So, thanks, Woopie!  If I wore those seasonal sweaters,  I would buy the Rainbow Santa, the Black Santa, the Brown, Tan, Female,  whatever Santa who would represent us ALL! HO, HO, HO!!!!!!!

No comments: