Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Lessons from the scraper

I wrote about the beauty of our first snow.  What came before it was freezing rain.  So when I went out to just "brush off" my car, I found a thick layer of the ice from the rain, invisibly hiding under the snow.  HRMPH!  As I was cussing under my breath, I started thinking about how this related to life.  It is always something, isn't it ?!? Then I thought, there was so much beauty over it!   My point is that there is always goodness.  It may be right in front of us, or it might be the thing hidden under it.  How much energy do we want to use to remove the minutia?  I know it is hard, but it is worth digging and scraping it out and off.  What matters is that we accept it is there and try to put good intentions on it, even if it goes against our habit.  Life is a work in progress.  Our part of it is progressing.



No comments: