Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yakety Yak

I don't know about you, but one of the "baddest" habits I have made is to self-talk.  I can put myself down so fast it would make your head spin.  It is hard enough to have someone else do that, but, when we do it to ourselves, we are letting our best friend (us) cast a pall on our lives.  So I am working on this.  Every time I find myself doing it, I say "cancel," and say something wonderful instead.  It takes some practice, but I am getting better at it, and I notice, when I do this, my day goes a lot better.  We need to pay attention to the things that have been so ingrained, because some of them are not to our benefit.  Make a ripple, listen to yourself, see what happens,

No comments: