Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sweet Lou

I am a hands down complete fan of baseball.  I love the game and all the nuances of it.  I get attached to the players, and managers and give them all nick names.  My favorite team is the Seattle Mariners.  Yes, I admit it!  I have slogged through many seasons with them dragging their sorry @##&*.  Of course, my favorite years were the ones when Lou Piniella managed the team. He was a wonderful manager, but also a great teacher and his wild and crazy personality was so outstanding. He always had his players backs! What a lot of people do not know was that he was drafted  as a player at 18, and had a lifetime batting average of .291!  He is now 70 and retired.  There was a celebration of him as he entered the MARINERS Hall of Fame yesterday.  What a guy!  He is still going strong.  He is busy and happy and I even saw a tear in his eye, through my own, yesterday at the ceremony.  He was never known for his tenderness.  But I will always remember him for his undaunted passion.  I would love to think we could take a page from his book and carry that passion with us throughout our lives.  Make a ripple, live your passion, see what happens! .

No comments: