Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Turkey's in the hood part 2

Because of all the road construction around here, I decided to take an "alternate route" to my store yesterday.  Actually, I can't complain much because the neighborhoods are so beautiful.  As I was slowly driving along, I spotted a gaggle of wild turkeys leisurely walking down a sidewalk next to me.  There were enough of them to fill the whole length of the sidewalk.  What I noticed was that some of them would lay down on the grass, some would group up and visit and other's wandered into yards.  They were happy and content and knew they were just part of everything.  It warmed my heart to see this.  Then I started thinking about the fact that I wish we all could be so comfortable in our world.  No matter where you come from, you have to know that we are all pieces of the same cosmic dust. I wish we could all know that we are a part of one big universe and act like it!  We could be like the turkeys, even with their little brains, and know we all fit in everywhere, with everyone.  Make a ripple, think it over, see what happens. 

No comments: