Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, August 8, 2014

One thing at a time

I don't know about you, but I have the habit of trying to do to many things at once.  What I usually end up with are several things done 1/2 way and being just a little frustrated.  Did you know that the mind can only hold on to 7 to 10 things at a time?  That seems like a lot, I know, but if you are a mom, that is nothing.  When the 8th to 11th thing shows up, everything falls off and we think we are getting dementia.  Our minds can do just so much.  So, I have decided to try and do one thing at a time, and do a decent job of it so I can go to the next thing and do the same.  Just a thought in this crazy mixed up "whirld."  (My word)  Make a ripple, one thing at a time, see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a saying that it's best to do one thing at a time so life isn't so overwhelming. It's definitely a great goal