Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, May 28, 2015

When you hit the wall...

don't back up and go for it again.  You will only get bruised and confused. (I made a little rhyme!)  I am the type of person who, when I want something so much, sometimes ignores the signs that it might not be the right thing.  I simply keep trying to get it.  Luckily, I have gotten a little better, but I still end up bruised sometimes.  There is a secret, though.  If I am in a good place with myself, I think before going headlong into the wall.  The trick is to find that good place, our center, and that prevents a lot of wall-banging.  It takes patience to find our center, and it takes practice.  It starts with breathing and just being present in the moment.  I am bruised right now, so I plan to tackle the art of being present and centered, once again.  It takes 21 days to make a new habit.  Want to join me?

No comments: