Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Think before you....

speak.  Often times we are in a hurry, in our own heads, frustrated.  Then we try to communicate with someone.   "How's that working for you?"  For me, it causes a lot of miscommunication.  Then, if it is done by phone or text and you can't read the person's body language or facial expression, it just gets worse.  What I am learning is to take a breath before I try to talk to someone.  I try to be calm and make sure I am saying what I want to say in the tone I want to use.  Things can be misconstrued so easily.  So, this week and ongoing, I am going to stop, breathe, and make sure I want to talk, and that the other person wants to listen.  That is one factor I sometimes overlook.  The other thing I want to work on is being a good listener, that is an art that takes some work.

No comments: