Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, May 8, 2015

Blame

and forgiveness were the topics of conversation with a dear woman friend and I last night.  We were discussing what affect the things that have happened in our lives has on who we are now.  I have two theories about this:  everything that has happened has made me who I am now., and some things have scarred me causing me to make some decisions that have made my life a little harder than I wanted.  I am a very strong woman, I have lived through many things that some might not have survived.  My work now, is to take the blame and shame and put it away.  It is like carrying around a big bag of cement.  I need to know that everyone in my life was always doing the best they could at the time.  Because I am so good at blaming myself, I need to first forgive myself, and then them.  I learned long ago that forgiving someone does NOT mean you condoned their behavior, it just means you are letting go of it.  After all, the forgiveness is for us.

No comments: