Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, June 9, 2014

Walking around with your eyes closed

 After a great night's sleep, it occurs to me that it is very essential for a person to get away from all the minutia  of their daily lives.  As much as I consider myself an observer, I find that just being in nature for a few days has changed me.  As you can tell, I don't get away much.  I guess my point is that we get stuck very easily in our daily routines.  Everything gets dull, and we don't even know it. We need to give ourselves the opportunity to re-tune, re-explore, re-invent.  Little things like the sound of a stream, the texture of thousands of trees on a mountain, an eagle high in it's nest and yes, most of all, the silence wake us up!  Catboy is ecstatic I am home. I am, too, and my eyes are wide open.  Make a ripple, find your wonder, see what happens. 

No comments: