Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"If I don't stand for something...

I will fall for anything."  This is one of my favorite quotes, and yes, I sort of personalized it. Today, I was watching the mind-numbing news.  I watch several stations, looking closely for the truth.  I get commercials talking about "safe fracturing technology."  When is using high powered machinery to push poison into the ground safe?  When is it ever o k to give up your position in the government to work for a company that sells a product people die from? And in the mean time causing 400,000 people in your state to lose the chance of having medical insurance.  It all makes me sick.  This is one more plea, as our family of this blog grows, to make sure we are first: becoming the best human we can be, and second, finding a way to seek the truth and make life better for other's.  I know we are all busy and life gets pretty muddled, but there has to be a way for us to make the changes we know we have to make.  Many of the things we can do take little effort or time.  I know I say that a lot, but it is true.  If we could just dedicate a small amount of time each day to put in the effort, think of what an impact this would make.  Make a ripple, find your cause, see what happens.

No comments: