Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Raking in the dark

It was 70 degrees here, yesterday!  It was all I could do not to just work in the yard all day long.  The other day, I learned that you have to work into these things or every muscle in your body will go on strike. But, I seem to be an all or nothing kind of person.  Sometimes it works out great, other times, well, you know, moderation in all things.  So last night, I was watching my favorite baseball team who is still doing well, but I got bored. I decided to rake in the garden.  The only problem was it was dark.  Undaunted, I grabbed my rake and, by the light of two little solar lights, I raked and raked.  It felt really good, even though I had no idea how I was doing.  To my great happiness, this morning, I had two big piles of debris, and two, fairly clean, garden beds.  My point is that selective craziness is sometimes a wonderful surprise. Make a ripple, go for it! see what happens

No comments: