Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Howling at the moon

All I could think of yesterday was the lunar eclipse.  They don't happen very often and are so breath taking.  It was the blood moon, which made it even more exciting.  The day started out sunny and bright, so I knew I would be able to see it.  I have an affinity for the moon because I had a red wolf as a pet for 14 years, and we would howl at the moon, together.  This is a fact and he was such a baby.  He and Catboy were besties even though Catboy was all of 10 pounds and he was over 90.  Catboy has never gotten over his passing, nor have I, so staying up was a tribute to him.  Sadly, it got cloudy, but through the clouds, I could vaguely see the outline of my precious Bear.  I think this started out to be about the moon, but as I sit here tearing up, I guess it is also about remembering those we have loved so much and all they meant to us.  Make a ripple, remember, see what happens.

No comments: