Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Liberty and Justice for all?

I don't know how it is in other countries, but I am embarrassed to be a United States citizen at the moment.  I don't know if other countries could or would feel as if any child who is in danger should not be helped.  I am expecting we are standing alone in this endeavor, and it breaks my heart.  I am talking about what is happening with the thousands of immigrant children coming into our country, fleeing terrible violence, only to find people hiding behind a flag, turning them away.  It is bad enough that a certain part of our Congress will not work together to pass a decent immigration bill, but to treat people this way goes against everything I believe in, and frankly what I thought we stood for. (Liberty and justice for all, remember?)  The good news is that some people in Dallas, Texas are stepping up to start repairing this awful treatment.  The bad news is that none of this had to happen if all human life was treated equally!  Shame on us!  Make a ripple, choose equality, see what happens.

No comments: