Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Sunday, July 6, 2014

And the answer is...

laughter, curiosity, and grace.  What is the question, you ask?  These are some of the wonderful qualities of a dear friend who turns 94 today.  He has survived war, internment camp, and the death of most of his family members, and yet he smiles continuously, and laughs about as often.  This is the friend who I started teaching Sudoku to in May.  We started with a 16 square (1-4) and he has this week progressed to the 81 square (1-9). I don't know if you do this puzzle, but it is hard and some won't even attempt it.  (Most of my friends!)  One of the many things about him that touches my heart is his gentle grace.  This man is so sweet and has so many stories to tell.  So while this is a tribute to him , it is also a thank you to him for being my friend. My gift to you, Fred is that I wish you many more happy, healthy years.  My gift to all of us is not to overlook the value of our older population.  Make a ripple, check it out, see what happens. 

No comments: