Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, July 21, 2014

Small bites

are delights.  What?  In this world of having way more than you need, I have figured out that this is not always the way to go.  For instance, did you know that you only taste the first three bites of a meal.  It has been studied, and is true.  If we are fortunate enough to have someone who is as good a cook as I am, it is still true.  For that reason, I seldom go to "all you can eat places", and if I do, my plate is full of tablespoons of each thing.  I think life is like that, too.  We need to take time to savor small moments, small bites of things.  This does not have to be limited to food.  It can also be experiences.  The beauty of things becomes more intense when our attention is on the smallest.  It also helps to put things in perspective.  Make a ripple, try it out! see what happens.

No comments: