Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The problem

is always the test.  I don't know about you, but I find it hard to break old habits.  It is as if they take on a life of their own.  What I am learning, though, is that the feeling of discomfort that comes with a bad habit is starting to become a beacon to me.  It robs me of the happiness I want in my life and keeps me stuck.  Sometimes it takes a gigantic load of courage to look at something, and detach from it because it has been a part of me for so long. It all comes down to whether I value happiness more than the habit.  Happiness is invaluable. At times it can be illusive, but I get to make the choice.  The first thing to do is replace "I have always been this way."  Make a ripple, choose, see what happens.

No comments: