Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Meditation on...

Throughout my life, certain things come up and then, go away.  I take yoga for a few years, then it goes away. I walk daily, even in the freezing winter, then it goes away.  A while back I was journaling on a pretty continuous basis, well, you get the picture. The one thing that seems to stick is meditation.  I guess there are so many forms, I don't get bored.  Like yesterday, Catboy was very chatty about everything and he suggested that brushing him could be considered a meditation.  As I brushed away, hair flying everywhere because of the fan, I did feel a sense of calm come over me.  I've said it before, but this animal is full of wisdom.  In the interest of including other animals, I suppose brushing your dog could also be a form of meditation and they could sure use it in this steamy hot weather, at least where I live.  Make a ripple, find your OM, see what happens.

No comments: