Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, July 6, 2015

What's been missing

I awoke this morning to a cold bedroom!  I made my bed and padded through the rest of the house.  It was comfortable!  When I looked at my thermostat, I almost passed out!  77 degrees!  I felt as if I was in an igloo!  So I turned off about 1/2 of the fans and went in to make coffee.  I spend most of my early morning sitting in the nook, reading, pondering and having coffee.  It is full of plants, some blooming, others different shades of green.  It has a window where C@boy jumps up and sits in to have his morning brewer's yeast and visit with whoever is on the back porch.  Today, when I turned off the fans, I heard the breeze in the trees, the birds chirping, and all the morning sounds that I have missed with all the constantly whirring sounds around me.  I am thinking that it is time to quit complaining about the heat.  I have fans, and there is weather so much worse in other places.  I think my soul was just bereft missing some of the things that were being drowned out by my thoughts and the fans.  Oh, it will get hot again, but today I will leave the fans off and listen for a while.  I had forgotten how much those sounds meant to me!

No comments: