Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, July 9, 2015

"Silence...

is golden."  This is one of the things my mom used to say to me over and over.  I never quite got it, but as I recall, she worked 50 or more hours a week and I was a precocious child.  I get it now.  My house is finally cooled off to a normal temperature, thanks to a dear friend who hooked me up with an air conditioner.  I guess I had gotten used to the sound of all those fans, but, today, I just turned everything off for a little while, and felt the sigh of relief that only quiet can give us.  It feels so good to just be.  Even the birds have sung their early morning song and gone about their business.  So, today, if you can find a little piece of silence, you will find it is indeed, "golden."  See if you can make that happen, and take a deep breath, ahhhhhh.

No comments: