Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, July 20, 2015

For just one day...

I would like to see all men have to get up and do the routine I do, just to get out the door.  This excludes any care giving or cooking. First, I wash my face and slather it with moisturizer, then I brush my teeth (I don't mind that part) but what comes next is a pain in the butt.  I cover my face with foundation, apply blush, line my eyes, put on eyes shadow, then mascara, Ah, my face is done!  I always wondered what my mother meant when she told me she had to "put her face on."  Now I know.  This is just the beginning.  I stuff myself into a bra, and continue to get dressed.  It is a rare time I wear high heels, but a lot of women do and they are getting tall as stilts.  I wear comfy shoes, at least.  It doesn't take me long to get ready in the morning, and I don't wear "spanx," but I would like to see the day when ALL MEN had to go through this routine.  Maybe I would like to see ALL MEN do this for a  MONTH!  I will bet fashion would change quickly!  So, I salute all the women who do this on a daily basis!  I must admit, I look cute, but I feel cuter in my robe with a clean face!

No comments: