Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Some answers...part 2

We live in a reactive world. Therefore, we have become reactive.  Our media does little to support our mental health.  We live in busy ness, anger, fear, and our perception that we have lost all control.  In reality, there is little we can control except ourselves and our reaction to all this mess.  It is hard, but we can do something to mitigate the situation.  We need to understand why we feel angry.  I personally feel angry when I am afraid.  If something is wrong, why can't I fix it?  If I am ignorant about something, I can't come to much of a conclusion about it.  The one thing I know for sure is that there are a few things I can do that will make a big difference, but they have to start with me.  I can take time to breathe.  So, morning, noon, and nite, I take time to just breathe.  I breathe in gratitude and I send out love and compassion on the out breath.  It doesn't take much time, but if I stick to my schedule, my days are pretty smooth.  I am asking you to do this with me, as we all know that collective work impacts all of us.  Turn off the T.V. Turn on seeing beauty in the small things.  One of my favorite songs says:  "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."  It can, and will!

No comments: