Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, June 12, 2015

An Observation

I got up early again this morning with the intention of continuing to pot the rest of my garden plants.  It is so nice and cool, and I have this wonderful nook in my kitchen filled with plants in windows.  What I have done so far, is to read, have some coffee, and meditate on a spider web glistening in the sun.  It feels so good just to breathe, and be.  The next thing I notice is some pieces of cactus plants a friend gave me over 10 years ago.  They are just pieces of plants, and I never bothered to transplant them.  I was getting ready to prune one piece that looked like it was dead.  On the end of it was a tiny little growth, green as can be, just hanging there.  I was thinking of how some things in life can make us feel like there is something dying in or on us.  Then I saw that a new piece of life can grow from it.  It made me smile!  Some of my best lessons come when I am just being present to what is.

No comments: