Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Sunday, June 28, 2015

I remember...

this song my mom used to sing when I was young "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative."  Funny how you remember certain things at certain times.  I was talking to a dear friend about all the great things I see happening.  I was excited about the Supreme Court rulings, and the fact that maybe we are turning a corner on some of this hate.  He pointed out all the people who are coming out to defy the new rulings. Then I heard this song in my head, the one my mom used to sing to me.  There is wisdom in that song.  It seems simplistic, but, if we just dwell on all the things that are going wrong, we are using up valuable energy that could be spent on making things right.  So, sing the song with me, you can make up your own tune! It WILL make a difference in how we think and act!  I promise!

No comments: