Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Who's your family?

Some people have the traditional family.  I don't.  Yet I have the best family ever in the form of extended people.  Last night I saw the movie "St Vincent."  It explores not only things hidden, but what a family really is.  It was heart warming to see not only a happy ending, but also reinforcement that judgement and family are something different for everyone.  Judgement is something I think we can all do without, because it causes separation, and clouds our view of what is real.  Family, to me, has become the ones who love and support me.  Sometimes, our real family falls short of that, through death or behaviors.  I say, celebrate those who celebrate you.  Always give yourself the time to look beyond the obvious.  Go see "Saint Vincent!"  You will not be disappointed, and it may give you some new ways to look at things.  Make a ripple, "look with a different eye," see what happens.

No comments: