Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, October 9, 2014

The soothing sounds...

of Catboy are what I am experiencing every night now.  He has fallen (pun intended) in to his pre-winter behavior. All the new nests have been made and one of them is just inches from my head on the love seat.  At first it was just occasionally, now, it is every night followed by a nice long stint laying on me and purring so loudly, I have to turn up the T V.  I think he is trying to tell me it is o k to slow down and be content.  I am not really a sitter, so that is a bit of a lesson for me. He reminds me that this can be a time of introspection, and that all the chaos in the news does not have to "ruffle my feathers," that I can just wrap everything in light and take that deep breath I sometimes forget to take.  I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a wise cat, but I am thankful every day for his lessons.  Make a ripple, pet your wise one, see what happens. 

No comments: