Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, October 3, 2014

Build your own nest

It's that time of year again when we frantically try and get our yards in order, blowing out sprinklers, in my case dragging hoses to the garage,  doing that last mowing, and gathering up all the debris.  We are working our way into, dare I say it, winter and hibernation.  I wish for all of us that fall lasts and lasts, but I see the signs everywhere,  leaves are turning and some falling, nights are turning cold.  Catboy has forsaken his summer bed and now chooses to make "nests" all over the house.  A carelessly tossed sweater now has become his personal sleeping space,  a large pillow with my napping blanket, his best friend.  He uses it at night to sit on and bat me with his tail until I either brush him, or pet him continuously.  My point here is everyone needs a nest this time of year.  We need a soft, comfy place to light and stay warm.  Make a ripple, create your own nest, see what happens.

No comments: