Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, October 20, 2014

Looking forward

It was a beautiful fall day, yesterday.  It actually got up to the 70's!  I know for sure we don't have many of those kind of days left so I took out my handy "digger" and planted some colorful bulbs for the spring.  Of course, I had to rake away all the dead leaves that have fallen, but I used the time to celebrate my two favorite seasons.  I am not to crazy about extremes, so winter and summer are low on my list.  But I am trying to embrace fall with all it's color and think about what the season means.  As well, I am sort of skipping thinking about winter and looking forward to all the new things.  What I am learning is to embrace all the parts of life, all the cycles, and their meanings. To be present is the only way to be, but it is also nice to look forward.  Make a ripple, jump in the leaves, see what happens.

No comments: