Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Kind People .....

rock!  Yesterday started out about the same as any Saturday.  It is my big running day and I visit my 95 year old friend.  The difference was that it was only 54 degrees and raining.  That is about as cold as it has gotten all summer.  We started out with lunch and came out to the parking lot to find that we had a flat tire.  I must tell you that I was not really dressed for the cold, even tho my friend was.  Then it started to rain.  POOH!  So I looked around in the lot for what I thought would be a kind man.  I found one!  His name was Corey, and he spent the better part of an hour changing my tire, with a smile on his face, in the cold and rain.  I offered to give him some money for his time, he said "NO, I would never do that!"  I told him I would wrap him in light then, and he said that was the best thing ever!  What could have been a crappy day turned out to give me another reason to experience the fact that "Kindness Rocks!"  Thanks again, Corey!

No comments: