Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, September 25, 2015

A male perspective..."It ain't over til it's over."

As a child growing up in the 50's, it is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of an American Original, Yogi Berra.  To me, Yogi represented an era when baseball was very important in the fabric of American life.  The NFL was something you might think about when the World Series was over.  Baseball was truly an American past time.  Yogi was an icon of the Yankee dynastys in the 50's and early 60's. America was different, then, I got my baseball, not from soundbites on the 24 hour sports channel, but on the front porch, on a warm afternoon, (yes, I said afternoon) listening to the radio with my grandmother. Those of you who lived it, know what I am talking about.  For those of you who don't, I am sorry you missed it.  Yogi's life may be over, but for those of us who were fortunate enough to experience this wonderful time, the memories remain.

No comments: