Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Whatever you do...

give it your best shot.  I am learning lots of lessons from re-painting my nook.  I stripped off the old wall paper to find some dings in the wall.  Nothing big, but you would think you would just do a light Spackle on them before you covered them with wall paper.  It took me just a short time to fix them.  This is a really old house with lots of charm, but if you had been around this long, you would need a few repairs, too.  What all this rambling leads to is that it is good to do the best job we can, whatever the job is.  It makes us feel better to show off our best work, lets us know how efficient we can be, and just maybe might last longer.  There have been times in my life, where I have done a hap hazard job, gotten in a hurry and just slapped something together.  I reaped the rewards of that.  Lesson learned!  So, learn a lesson from my nook, work done lovingly has strong rewards.  Can't we all use more love?!

No comments: