Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Mindless

walking is what I have been doing lately.  I am fortunate to live in an area full of parks and woods.  There is a wonderful park with a pond just a few blocks away from where I live.  On certain occasions, there is a blue heron walking gingerly around certain parts of the pond, while large frogs croak to their homeys. There are several types of dragon flies, ones with the black and white boxes on their wings, and the other with clear wings with iridescent markings. There are a large variety of trees, including dwarf fruit trees.  There are benches to observe the ducks, and various other birds who show up, including owls.  I stretch and walk.  It feels good to just observe what is going on and the beauty of it all.  It is probably the only time during the day that is completely mindless for me.  It is probably the best time of the day, not including my meditation time.  It is a time of being completely free.  As I become a little wiser, these times are so important.  When we are at peace, we can send peace elsewhere.  We sure could use more of that!

No comments: