Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Who are we?

In the grand scheme of things, I believe people have goodness in them.  Then I see stories of people bullying other's.  I just don't get it.  I have been bullied, when I was younger, it stung, and I just couldn't understand why this was happening.  I guess I was one of the lucky ones whose parent always told me how worthwhile I was.  I had a pretty good sense of who I was, so I just blew the insults off.  But what happens to the child/person who does not feel this way?  I don't understand the mind of a bully.  Are they better than me?  Does acting in this evil way make them better?  Does hurting someone, (and they can only hurt you if you let them) make them better?  I just don't get it.  If you are mad or frustrated, go out and run, pound a pillow, talk to someone.  Maybe you look in the mirror and say that awful stuff to yourself. (self talk)  Or, maybe someone else is doing this to you so you don't know any better.  IF SO, GET HELP!  The world is hard enough without bullying!  Let's all do something to stop it!

No comments: