Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Saturday, December 6, 2014

What's your excuse?

There is a saying:  "Excuses are like @##$%^&#, everyone has one."  Some people use belly buttons, I have another word which is not proper in polite company.  I could write a book of excuses, ask any of my friends.  While I am getting better at this, when I was younger, I had an excuse for everything.  I think making excuses robs us of responsibility, so I am trying hard to relieve myself of this particular habit.  I think it takes away from our knowing that we are human and therefore fallible.  So now, every time I think I need an excuse, I stop, just for a minute, and just get real with myself.  Make a ripple, skip the excuses, see what happens.

No comments: