Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Character vs Reputation

With all the things going on around the world and the talk about certain personalities, I started to think about these two things.  I have really mixed feelings about social media, sometimes I feel it helps us be informed, sometimes I think (because of bias) we are being led down a garden path.  So I began thinking about character and reputation.  It is easy to get a reputation!  Just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or, vice verse, and there you go.  Character is quite another thing.  Character is the essence of who we are.  It is what drives us to do what we think is being true to ourselves.  Make a ripple, check out the differences, see what happens.

No comments: