Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, December 5, 2014

Bear, Catboy, and life

Years ago, I had a dog named Bear.  He was a 75% red wolf who I got from a friend.  A few years later, we rescued Catboy from the window well of our chiropractor.  I had given little thought to how these two would do, frankly, but the little kitten needed a home.  I brought Catboy home and gingerly introduced him to my 95 pound dog.  Catboy was probably 6 pounds soaking wet.  What formed was so much love and camaraderie . Impossible, you say.  Nope, Bear was an outdoor dog, but when he was in, you had a hard time keeping them apart.  It makes me wonder how much we miss by judging things.  Who would ever have thought these two would end up besties?!  Bear has been gone 10 years now, and Catboy still sneaks down to the basement and lays on his friend's rug.  Somehow, I believe we need to re-think a lot of things.  Life would change if we did, for the better.  Make a ripple, give it some thought, see what happens.

No comments: