Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What is today?

Today is all we have.  Actually, this very second is all we have.  We can think about the future, we can plan for things, but the only moment we have is now and the next moment is what is coming.  I am not very good at staying in the moment some times.  Other times, I seem to do O K at it.  Learning to be in the moment, or being present is one of the best gifts we can give ourselves.  It takes away so much stress over something we really cannot control and puts all our attention on the things right in front of us.  I am a work in progress over this, but I can tell you that my life is much easier, richer, and more clear, when I devote myself to "being here now," as Ram Dass suggested. The world would be a better place if we could just make this ONE habit.

No comments: