Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Like minds

I had the fortune to meet a new friend yesterday.  She is brilliant and wonderful and she "gets" me.  We are simpatico. When I met her, I knew I was "home!"  That's what the feeling is when you find someone who is like you.  I have always been different, and for many years, although I didn't alter my ways, I felt like I should just to fit in.  Then, on the off occasion I did try to fit in, it felt like I was wearing my shoes on the wrong feet!  I did that once by accident.  Strange!  What I am trying to say is that at this place in my life, and for a while, I have been celebrating myself.  How many of us do that?!  It is wonderful to just be me and be happy with that!  I wish we were able to learn about loving and accepting ourselves at an early age.  Think of the therapy we would save.  So, today and forward, celebrate yourself!  Then go out and get friends who are just like you!  Life could use some more texture anyway.

No comments: