Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, April 20, 2015

She said...

he heard.  Communication is a funny thing.  Maybe I should have said a "peculiar" thing.  We can think we are being as clear as can be, and the other person "hears" or "reads" something else into it.  Recently, a dear male friend of mine and I have been having this difficulty.  This is the reason I hate to leave messages on the phone, or even text when there is a male involved.  I am not saying this is always the case, but when there is face-to-face communication, at least there is a chance that what is being said will be understood.  I don't know if it is the timing of listening to the messages, but I do know that a person's filters have a lot to do with what they "hear."  What I want to say is that a person needs to clarify what they THOUGHT they heard before jumping to a conclusion.  It wears on a friendship, and this one is precious to me.  So, if something you read or hear on a message pisses you off, please think about asking the person face-to-face before making a decision you might regret!

No comments: