Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Acceptance...

Who is worthy?  When I was little, I was told that we were all loved and perfect.  As I got older, I was told to be good or I would go to hell. Boy, was that confusing!  But the fact that we are all loved and perfect is inside each and every one of us.  Why is it then, that we can't realize we are all one and a tiny micro chasm of the world? A good friend of mine, who lives in a very conservative state, relayed this story to me.  A young person who goes to a junior high in his town is transgender.  Many adults are making a big fuss about it.  However, the students who have attended school with this person from kindergarten, celebrate who the person is and accept who they are.  Two things come to mind:  I am so proud of them and their parents for raising children who see what is real.  The second thing is the world is changing, many more people are being accepted for who they are.  The world is not changing fast enough for me.  We still have such a long way to go, but it is happening and nothing will stop it! Hooray for that!  Everything and everyone is sacred.  Don't forget it!

No comments: