Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, September 25, 2014

To much of anything is to much

There was sand everywhere, and I was in hog heaven.  My internal beach comber was ecstatic!!! The minute I hit the sand, my head went down, and my eyes laser focused on any possible shell, beautiful rock, or piece of driftwood.  If there had been anything in front of me, I would have run straight in to it!  To my delight, the first thing I found was a tiny, whole, perfect sand dollar the size of a nickle. (I told you, nothing would escape the eyes of "Beach Comber, Extrodinaire" ((my word, not in the dictionary))  So, I spent many hours, and many beaches with my head down, looking, looking.  By the third day, I had a headache and my neck felt as if someone had yanked on it, hard. Hmmmm... I finally figured out that there was more to walking the beaches, and that there was, indeed, a beautiful ocean lapping at my toes, and other kinds of activity I had missed.  So I followed the debris trail going one way and walked and played in the water coming back with my head up!  Wow!  I guess I figured out that too much of one thing leads to the exclusion of another wonderful thing.  I am proud to report that my neck is much better, I have bags of shells, and I got to experience the wonder of the water, yes, and even the obnoxious sea gulls.  Still , I am sharing my ripple, with you!  There is more. 

No comments: