Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Model the good behavior you want to see

People learn things from observing, and in my experience, it is from what we do, not what we say.  Think of all the times we say something, all the while, doing something completely different.  Perhaps I should back up a little.  I think we have behaviors that arise from frustration, being tired, and habit.  So, what I am trying to do constantly, is to take that breath before I act.  It seems, most of the time, to be a really good buffer between one behavior and another better one. However we can do it, whether it is to pause, and take a breath, or step away, it does make a ripple for the better.  Try it and see what happens. 

No comments: