Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lessons from the sand and sea

You will have to excuse me as I am still on va ca time.  Is it still morning?!  Well, it is morning somewhere, right.  I just came back from the coast.  Being near water is probably my favorite of all time places, oceans, preferably.  I was there with someone I love more than breathing, so that helped.  The first day, it was cold and windy.  The place we stay in has big sand dunes you have to cross b/4 you actually get to the water, so I humped out there after the long drive.  It is interesting when it is windy, because your tracks out there and those of others are mostly blown away so you get to navigate your way.  I was lucky enough to reach water at the low tide, so I managed to find some "treasures."  The walk back was cold and windy, but it started to feel comfortable.  As the days passed, I got to relax, sleep with the ocean waves and awaken with them.  The fog even lifted early one morning.  My last trip out, was a sunny warm day with all the footprints I wanted to follow straight out to the water.  What I am learning, is we and our lives are just like this.  Sometimes, it is all humping, but there is something wonderful waiting.  It felt good to feel free.  It felt even better to not comb my hair for a day or so.  If you are fortunate enough to have this wonderful adventure, I am so happy for you.  Now I have the memories, and pictures to carry me through the next seasons. So I am sharing MY RIPPLE with you.  More to come.....

No comments: