Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, March 31, 2014

Turkey's in the hood

Not to long ago, while driving to work, I was stopped dead in my tracks by what looked like 50 fat, beautiful, lumbering turkeys in the middle of the road.  Not all of them were in the middle, exactly, some were lounging on a lawn.  I stopped to count them and I got to over 40 before they decided they might be in some one's way.  I didn't have the heart to honk my horn, and one of my few good habits is giving myself time to get places, so I just enjoyed the camaraderie. I did, however take several pictures for posterity with my phone.  Oh, you probably thought I was talking about the "other" turkeys in my neighborhood.  We have a few of those, too!  Make a ripple, lol, see what happens

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just LOVE wild Turkeys! When on large groups like that they are called a "gaggle" of turkeys! And did you know, they mate for life!