Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

85 pounds of love

Good neighbors make life worth living.  I am so fortunate to have the best neighbors in the world.  I am not exaggerating.  The ones on either side are so friendly and willing to help out in any way.  Besides that, they are smart and funny and just a joy to me.  Across the street, I have friends who I talk to about all the things happening in the world, and they are also great human beings.  Next to them is an amazing woman who is the very glue holding us all together.  She is a trusted sitter for kids and Catboy, she knows everything that is going on in the neighborhood, and yesterday, I caught her picking up garbage down the block.  I said " what the heck are you doing?"  With her beautiful smile, she said," someone needs to pick this up, it might as well be me."  I will tell you now, she is not a teenager, but the glint in her eye is!  It takes little time to be a good neighbor, I am going to try just a little harder to be just like her!  Make a ripple, look out for each other, see what happens.

No comments: