Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, January 13, 2014

"One of these things is not like the other." (?)

This weekend, I heard plans had been made to auction off a license to kill an endangered black rhino.  The money would be used to conserve the endangered black rhino.  How could I explain this to a child if I couldn't explain it to myself.  The second thing I heard a lot about was the choice being made to delay or not extend unemployment insurance.  The reason behind not wanting to do this was to make people go back to work.  First, people have to work to be eligible to collect unemployment insurance, and second, people are required to constantly look for work while collecting it.  What are people supposed to do with no money coming in at all?  I've never been a "have." It feels like a severe inability to relate.  So, might I suggest you walk a mile in most of our shoes, with no help.  Then let's discuss this pressing issue!
Make a ripple, practice humanity, see what happens.

No comments: