Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong.

We're all different.  Sure, we may share values and beliefs, but each and every one of us has a wonderfully prismatic personality.  That's why we are so fascinating, and also the reason not everyone should or does like everyone else.  When I was younger, it used to make me sad if someone didn't like me.  But I learned you can't please everyone and still be who you uniquely are.  That was a 'load off,' believe me!  We can, and should show everyone respect.  We should honor their ways and their path.  We're all just fumbling around trying to find our best selves.  Some of us take lots of detours.  Hmmm... sounds like me.  At a certain point, if we're lucky, we finally become comfortable in our own skin.  Now that's a goal we can all try to reach.  Make a ripple, smile in the mirror, see what happens

No comments: