Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Forget Regret

I used to have a friend (?) who was constantly asking me - do you regret this or that decision?  For a long time, I allowed myself to feel badly, and somewhat less of a person.  I finally remembered that regret fixes nothing.  In fact, it wreaks havoc with your life.  I believe we are always doing the best we can with what we have.  Sometimes we don't have much to work with.  That can always be remedied.  We can chalk up our bad decisions to being human, forgive ourselves, make amends, and move on!  So, I've erased the word "regret" from my vocabulary.  I can and always will strive to be better and learn from all my choices.  This is, after all, "the earth school."  Make a ripple, learn the lesson, see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the phrase "earth school" we all need to learn from life