Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, November 5, 2015

It's just ONE vote!

I was speaking to a younger friend of mine about the state of affairs in our country recently.  The party I am NOT affiliated with and who are only for the "1%," seem to be taking the lead in the country.  The two people at the top of their list know NOTHING about politics.  They both say what people want to hear, one a blowhard, the other on a book signing tour currently. They are both pandering to people's angst! Frankly, it scares me that anyone would want to support these people.  They have absolutely no substance, NONE.  So, I am talking to my friend about it.  They say, "I don't vote, after all, it is just ONE vote.  I shook my head.  "How many hundreds of thousands of people say that?"  "Oh," they said.  Yes, OH!  If we want the world to be a good and safe place, if we want EVERYONE to have the rights they need and deserve, if we want to grow and prosper, ALL OF US, not just "the few," we need to make our needs and wants known.  We need to put people in office who have ALL OUR BEST INTERESTS at heart!  It is just ONE vote, but if you add them up, we could be going in the CORRECT direction, instead of where we are headed!

No comments: