Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Timing is Everything!

We have had a pretty great winter, a little snow, a little cold, a fair amount of rain, and best of all, higher than normal temperatures lately.  We have had several spates of 50 degree days between some cooler ones.  So I decided to go out to my garden and see what I could do.  The first day, I cleared out one complete bed!  I was so excited!  I went out the next day and since it had frozen that night, I could hardly move the dirt around to level it out.  I was not happy and patience is not my strong suit! After all, it is still FEBRUARY !!   It made me think of all the things I start with enthusiasm when the timing might not be quite right. But I will not let this dampen my spirits, I will wait until the ground thaws some and start again. In the meantime, I will plan my garden, assemble my seeds, make my drawings, and patiently await what will be here shortly.

No comments: